Ever felt a need for finding out who wrote a lousy piece of code in the file you are currently working on? I dont know about you but I always feel that need whenever some crappy code runs through my eyes.
Being a Java developer I use Eclipse. And it has all the options available for making this task easy. Here is the step by step description to achieve the task.
- Open up the file in eclipse about which you want to know about.
- Right-Click on it anf go to Team > Show Annotations.
- It will ask if you want to use Quick Diff option, select No.
- It will ask you to move to a CVS Repository Exploring perspective, select yes.
- After sometime it will show you the same file in a different editor under CVS Repository Exploring perspective with the lines marked in different colors.
- Select the line about which you want to know the author and on the left handside you will see the name of the author.
Eclipse really rocks!